Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SALES BETWEEN PROFESSIONALS
ARTICLE 1 DEFINITIONS, WEBSITE AND IDENTIFICATION
1.1 – Definitions
Seller: Centurion Tuning
Buyer: the natural person or legal entity who/which purchases files offered for sale by the Seller via their website www.centuriontuning.com, as part of their professional activity.
Order: The act by which the Buyer requests the Seller to supply files at the price(s) stated on www.centuriontuning.com
Product(s): Files offered by the Seller to the Buyer on www.centuriontuning.com .
1.2 – Website
www.centuriontuning.com is run by the company Centurion Tuning and available in English.
ARTICLE 2 GENERAL PROVISIONS
2.1 – General Provisions
These General Terms and Conditions outline the respective obligations of the contracting parties, regarding the sale of products on www.centuriontuning.com. Prior to placing any order, the Buyer shall fill out a form, in which he/she will explicitly declare being a professional and never to be considered, in anyway whatsoever, as an ordinary consumer. The Seller shall reserve their products solely for professional with the explicit exclusion of consumers. In placing an order on www.centuriontuning.com, the Buyer shall expressly acknowledge having read, understood and accepted the General Terms and Conditions as they are presented on www.centuriontuning.com at the time of the Order. Whatever the case may be, these General Terms and Conditions shall prevail over the General Terms and Conditions of the Buyer. Centurion Tuning shall reserve the right to amend these General Terms and Condition at any time. The amended General Terms and Conditions shall be made available online on www.centuriontuning.com.
2.2 – Languages
These General Terms and Conditions are available in English.
ARTICLE 3 ORDERS
All orders shall be placed solely on www.centuriontuning.com.
3.1 – Authority to place an order
Only persons legally authorised to enter into contracts relating to the Products offered on www.centuriontuning.com shall be authorised to place orders on the said website. When placing the Order, the Buyer shall assert to be legally authorised to adhere to these General Terms and Conditions and to sign the contract with the Seller.
3.2 – Personal Information
During the Order, the Buyer shall agree to provide information required and shall certify to the accuracy of the said information: a- when the Buyer is a natural person: surname, given name, address and registration with a trade register. When the Buyer is a legal entity: Corporate name, registered office, registration with a trade register; b- VAT number; c-delivery address; d-billing address; e-email address; f- telephone number.
3.3 – Confirmation and shipment emails
The Seller shall send an email to the Buyer, confirming the Order. After payment is validated by the Payment Service mentioned on the website, the Seller shall send an email to the Buyer, stating the shipping terms for his Order.
3.4 – Processing Orders
Orders shall be processed in the order in which their payment is validated by the Payment Service mentioned on the website.
3.5 – Archiving Orders
Buyers who wish to access information relating to their previous Orders can do so via their personal space on www.centuriontuning.com. All information relating to an Order is kept for a period of ten years from the day at which the Buyer placed the Order or from the day at which the Order was paid for. The oldest event will be the starting point for counting this time frame.
3.6 – Responsibility
The responsibility of the goods remains by the seller until it’s delivered to the consumer and the delivery must be done before 30 days otherwise can the consumer cancel his order and must be refunded on the same card the payment was done with.
ARTICLE 4 PRODUCTS
The Products offered by the Seller on www.centuriontuning.com shall comply both with the legislation in force in Belgium and the standards applicable within Belgium subject to use as per Article 14.1. Each Product sold on www.centuriontuning.com shall be described, accompanied by a “product sheet” detailing the characteristics and uses of the said Product. That notwithstanding visual aids (photographs, graphics and diagrams) accompanying each “product sheet” shall be provided for information purposes only and are in no way binding on the Seller.
ARTICLE 5 PRICES
The prices of the Products sold on www.centuriontuning.com shall be given in GBP.
ARTICLE 6 PAYMENT
Payment for an Order shall be made exclusively by PayPal.
ARTICLE 7 DELIVERY
7.1 – Country of delivery
Products purchased on www.centuriontuning.com will be delivered via email from email@example.com to the respective client.
ARTICLE 8: PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal information necessary for executing the contract shall be collected and processed by the Seller in accordance with the provisions of the amended law of August 2, 2002 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (“The amended law of August 2, 2002″). The Buyer shall consent to the collection, registration and processing of their personal data by the Seller, so as to provide the service requested and fulfil legal obligations in force. The Seller shall undertake to provide only to the Carrier, the personal data of the Buyer and so, only information necessary for carrying out the delivery. Thus, except as required by the law or authorised by the Buyer, the Seller shall undertake not to pass any personal data relating to the Buyer, to third parties. The Buyer shall have the right to access their personal data and to request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data. In addition, the Buyer shall have the right to object to the processing of their personal data, on legitimate grounds. Unless the Buyer refuses, the Seller may send, promotional offers and offers from its business partners to the email address provided by the Buyer.
ARTICLE 9: LIABILITY
9.1 – Use of Products
The Buyer shall acknowledge, as a professional, being fully informed that the Products sold by the Seller are intended to be installed by professionals, respecting the installation and programming procedures specific to each Product, and are reserved for vehicles intended for use exclusively on circuit.
9.2 – Impact of a Product on the characteristics of a vehicle
The Buyer shall acknowledge being fully aware that the use of a Product on a vehicle may change the technical characteristics of the vehicle which may, in particular, alter its response, impact on the environment or life span of the vehicle or its components.
9.3 – Exceptions in the Seller’s liability
The Seller shall not be liable if a Product is used contrary to the recommendations of the manufacturer of the said Product, assembly instructions or information mentioned in the documentation provided or tagged on the Product. The Seller shall not be liable if a Product is not used normally or is used contrary to regulations applicable within the territory wherein the vehicle, on which the Product is installed, is driven. The Seller shall not be held liable by the Buyer for any damage resulting from the modification of the vehicle, in which a Product is installed, particularly in case of damage to the vehicle itself and damage to third parties. The Seller shall not be held liable by the Buyer in the event of – improper use of the vehicle on which the Product is installed; The Seller shall not be held liable by the Buyer for defects on the Products sold, such as viruses or malfunctions of software linked to a Product; The Seller shall not be held liable by the Buyer in case of modifications made to the vehicle after or before the installation of the Product on it; The Seller shall not be held liable by the Buyer for modification of the Product by the Buyer or a third party.
• Booking requires no deposit; however, if you have previously cancelled a prior booking and want to reschedule, we will require a deposit in order to ensure that no expenses will be wasted in time and other bookings.
1 Centurion Tuning LTD is an installer of remaps and takes full liability for accidental damage to your vehicle in the process of tuning your vehicle, based on all other aspects of the vehicle’s maintenance being constant. In the highly unlikely event that damage or disturbance is caused to your vehicle's engine by a mistake in the remap software, you will be covered for the repairs to your vehicle providing it meets the following criteria:
2 We work alongside external ‘remap writers’ and the liability for any mistake in the remap software lies with them and not Centurion Tuning LTD.
3 We will however initiate and manage contact with third-party remap writers and mediate if necessary to help you come to a resolution for the repairs from start to finish. We may choose to cover the cost of repairs ourselves and then claim back the costs from the remap writer but this will be done at our discretion and is not guaranteed.
4 General faults and damage caused to your vehicle as a result of poor maintenance, weak/faulty parts are not covered by this indemnity. If your vehicle breaks-down after the remap is installed - and as a proven result of this - we and the remap writer will not accept any legal responsibility for this. This would come down to maintenance of the vehicle, which the owner is wholly responsible for.
5 We do not cover the liability for the following parts: turbos, injectors, clutches, gearboxes, DPF, boost leaks (boost pipes) as these have a serviceable lifetime and the remap places bigger demands on these parts, which may cause issues if they are not in good health. Stage 1+, Stage 2, Stage 3 remaps are beyond the recommended tolerances of your engine and we and the remap writer will not accept any liability for these re-maps.
6 The remap settings that we install never change; so when we complete our servicing of your vehicle it will continue to perform at the capacity it did on arrival or show improvements from our work. Once remapped, we are confident the services provided, based on the optimal remap settings, which are the most suitable for your vehicle, should produce noticeable benefits. Following our work, if an issue arises with your vehicle it will most likely be due to a mechanical fault, not a fault with the remap itself. Once the mechanical fault is fixed your vehicle should revert to its optimum performance.
• Accept if it is not possible to remap your vehicle due it being remapped previously or for any other reason, a call out fee of £49 will be charged to cover our time, fuel expenses and services provided up to that point.
• Engine Carbon cleaning will not damage your vehicle: it is a safe practice that cleans the engine. However, Centurion Tuning LTD does not accept any liability for your engine malfunctioning or breaking down when or after having the engine Carbon cleaned or using our fuel additives.
• In unfortunate rare circumstances, if a part of your engine was already weak but still functioning but was then cleaned and failed once unblocked, then we accept no legal responsibility to cover this. If the engine and parts are healthy and not faulty then the clean should only help them work more efficiently and it will not damage them but may highlight other defects.
• We do not offer a money back guarantee with Carbon cleans since this is not a reversible process. Depending how much carbon is in your engine this will determine how much difference you will feel from the clean.
• If a customer requests specifications from a map that are deemed unsuitable for their vehicle by our technicians and still wish to proceed with the remapping service, then Centurion Tuning LTD hold no responsibilities to any damage that may occur after the service has been performed onto their vehicle.
• We do not offer any type of warranty for your modified vehicle.
• Any refund given will be minus the installation charge and any fuel charges we incur.
• Any vehicle that has a fault that is exaggerated by tuning will not be given a refund.
We do NOT provide a refund where it is found the engine map installed by Centurion Tuning LTD has been altered or tampered with in any form or downloaded by a third party by any means following the installation of the engine map by Centurion Tuning LTD.
We do NOT provide a money back guarantee where the sole objective is to increase MPG from a remap, as MPG gains cannot be guaranteed.
We do NOT provide a money back guarantee due to reduced fuel economy of your vehicle as it is explained to you both before the remap and at the time of our service that all remaps increase power (regardless of whether it’s an economy, blend or power remap) and an engine will NOT produce more power safely without being programmed to use more fuel.
We do not offer any refunds on services such as pops & bangs, popcorn limiter, sports display update, MPG etc. We can only perform these services if the ECU allows it as these are free add-ons that come with all our remap packages.
We offer NO WARRANTY with software deletes. All deletes come with a risk and by signing this waiver, you accept fully responsibility and liability for this service. Centurion Tuning LTD are not to be held responsible for any issues that may occur as deleting software without deleting hardware can cause problems.
• We do not offer any type of warranty for your modified vehicle.
• We expect the vehicle(s) is in good, working mechanical order without error codes stored in the ECU that will affect the results of the re-map, if we find such problems, we will advise that you book the vehicle(s) into a garage for remedial work.
• It is the customer’s responsibility that the vehicle is in correct working order without any underlying faults.
• Will retain a copy of your car’s original ECU map for your specific vehicle on our systems. Should your manufacturer or service garage accidentally wipe your ECU remap, we will for a fee, re-install your chosen ECU remap.
THE CLIENT MUST
Accept all power/torque gains from your ECU remap are approximate, as are the actual figures of your engine's quoted power and torque figures from your car manufacturer.
Accept the fuel efficiency of your vehicle after a remap depends on a number of factors including but not limited to: outside temperature, driving style, tire pressures, and regular and correct service maintenance of your vehicle.
Accept that Centurion Tuning LTD are not liable for costs associated to fix either determined or pending faults found relating to your vehicle during its diagnostic check either before or after you have your vehicle remapped.
Accept it is your responsibility to inform your insurance company of your car's ECU remap.
DISCLAIMER - Performance Warranty
By installing this Product and/or Service, you understand and agree that as a high performance product and/or service, individual results may vary depending on make, model, and usage. Centurion Tuning LTD shall in no way be held responsible nor liable for any of the results, claimed or otherwise, that may or may not come from the product or service.
Customer Guidance for Insurance and Warranty Companies
• This hydrogen on demand system is designed to improve the efficiency of the engine to reduce emissions to near zero and improve the mpg. It is an accessory, not a permanent fixture. It connects simply and can be easily removed.
• It is not designed as a performance/race device.
• The bottom-end torque will increase to allow a smoother drive with a reduced need to change gears, resulting in increased mpg with less revs.
• It is not nitrous oxide.
• It is an on-demand hydrogen system, which stores no gas on the vehicle.
• It makes hydrogen on demand and burns when the engine is switched on.
• When switched off there is no gas made or stored.
• The original manufacturer’s specifications, EFI and ECU is not modified or changed in any way.
• It is an enhancement system, to improve combustion, which in turn improves fuel efficiency.
• It is an approved product with CE Certification and product liability insurance underwritten by Lloyds of London.
• Installers are either agents or freelance installers with previous electronic and mechanical experience.
• Centurion Tuning LTD holds a database of vehicle installation pictures and text by make and type of vehicle and these are reviewed to ensure that the fitting is performed properly.
• The Hydrogen system must be maintained by the customer and product servicing is provided under the terms of the warranty.
• A generic risk assessment has been done for the installation and quality assurance is in place for the product manufacturing.
• Torque, emissions and efficiency will improve but not the power/BHP.
Upon confirmation of a booking with our dyno, the customer accepts full responsibility and liability for the services performed on their vehicle.
Centurion Tuning LTD accepts no responsibility for the use of our facilities or modifications requested.